Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ah, What If You Plucked A Strange and Beautiful Flower? A Writing Prompt


Let your imagination fly!

A Writing Prompt. Quote Samuel Taylor Coleridge
"What if you slept, and what if in your sleep you dreamed, and what if in your dream you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower, and what if when you awoke you had the flower in your hand?"

Ah, what then?
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge

This morning, I received this email, that I want to share:
Hi Emily,
I'm having lots of fun with this
prompt. Last night I read it to each of my grandchildren, then asked them to tell me a story. I then transcribed their stories on my iTouch. They are so entranced they can't wait to build their story.

I told them to listen for stories in their dreams and they could tell me in the morning so we could write them down. Ian is on chapter two already (just turned 8yr). Julia (4yr) wrote hers herself in my notebook. I'll need a little help translating her phonetic spelling, but there is clearly a story there. What delightful little minds they have.

Thanks for the prompt. Maybe I'll even write my own story. HA. But for now I'm delighted to have a hand in igniting the next generation.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm grateful to have you in my life to fuel my own fires.

Blessings, Patresa
Stay Connected With Free Updates
Subscribe via Email
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

2 comments :

  1. Whenever i see the post like your’s i feel that there are still helpful people who share information for the help of others, it must be helpful for other’s. thanx and good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete

Your writing and sharing supports all of us!