Friday, October 22, 2010

Explore Creativity and the Creative Process Through the Archetype of the Fool!

Explore Creativity and the Creative Process Through the Archetype of the Fool!



Creativity, enthusiasm, sense of adventure and faith in the world are the Fool's calling cards.
On my annual Writing, Creativity and Ritual Retreat in October 2010, we explored and embraced (as you can see!) the archetype of the Fool and her journey into the unknown. Creativity, enthusiasm, sense of adventure and faith in the world are the Fool's calling cards. She is a risk taker and a truth teller. He represents new beginnings as he starts his heroic quest for self knowledge...


In her naive innocence, the Fool is very creative.
She does not yet know rules or limitations. He is the court jester, village idiot, clown, time traveler, speaker of truth, and prodigal son. Her goal is perhaps the wisest goal of all: to enjoy life as it is, with all its paradoxes and dilemmas.

The Fools Says: Throw Pearls Before Swine, or Pigs Are Clean and Smart was the introduction to The Fool on the retreat. How or why this came to me, I don't know, other to say that several months ago I was thinking about the theme for the upcoming retreat and felt rather lost. The Fools Says: Throw Pearls Before Swine, or Pigs Are Clean and Smart started buzzing in my head. It made me laugh, so I put pen to paper and let it flow. The final piece is pretty much as it came out, in a matter of minutes. Although my name is on it, I credit The Fool in me, who I hadn't much considered before — at least not by the title of "The Fool". Although I haven't been averse to appearing the fool. (Ask my children!!)

I am thrilled to report that everyone on the retreat welcomed their Fools with little hesitation and then with open arms. The result: laughter, spontaneity, creativity, deepening community and some terrific writing!
Stay Connected With Free Updates
Subscribe via Email
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Your writing and sharing supports all of us!